Welcome to the Bishop’s Stortford Chamber of Commerce
The Bishop’s Stortford Chamber of Commerce has been established for 99 years and currently has a membership of more than 80 businesses and organisations.
Both the private and public sectors are represented, from retailers to manufacturers and from service industries to institutional bodies.
The Chamber Committee meets every 2nd Monday of the month, except August, to discuss a full agenda including issues raised by members.
The committee consists of elected officers, the secretary and committee members plus co-opted representatives from the County, District and Town Councils and the Bishop’s Stortford Police.
The Chamber holds its Annual General meeting in March and monthly Breakfast Meetings on the 1st Tuesday of every month, except August. There is a quarterly Business Lunch featuring a high-profile speaker. Seminars and social events are arranged from time to time.
The Chamber’s sub-committee for Planning is active in putting forward to the District Council the Chamber’s views, concerns and suggestions on the various developments in and around the town.
Why Join us?
The publicity, networking and lobbying activities of the Bishop’s Stortford Chamber of Commerce make membership an excellent investment for your business.
- Company details listed in both our published and on-line trade directories with links to your website.
- Bi-monthly newsletter ‘Notice Board’, and a copy of our Annual Chamber Directory directly to your inbox or hardcopy.
- Monthly business breakfasts at the Great Hadham Golf & Country Club and alternately at Waterlane Bar and Restaurant.
- The right to raise issues for discussion by the Chamber Committee with a view to having your interests represented at local, regional or government level.
- An invitation to our Annual General Meeting, other business seminars and social occasions throughout the year.
- County-wide activities through our affiliation to the Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
To join, please contact the office on